Support Worker / Care Assistant / Social Care
Full time and part time available
Driver licence essential
We are recruiting for Support Workers in Fareham. Whether you have experience or not, we will help support you to reach your full potential by providing you with all the necessary training, guidance and support you need to complete your care certificate and further qualifications.
The role will involve supporting one male and one female in their 50s and 60s in a bungalow in Fareham. The role will involve manual handling – overhead tracking, slings and mobile hoisting. It is 1:1 support and 2:1 support with all moving and handling.
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Personal care – Full support
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities out in the community – they go to day centres, Hydro sessions and shopping.
It is essential to have a full drivers licence for this position as the people we support have their own vehicles.
We provide 24 hour support and you will need to be able to work on a varied shift pattern throughout the week.
A mixture of – 7am – 3pm / 2:30pm – 9/10pm / Long days / alternate weekends / Sleep Ins / Waking nights (These may alter slightly due to the pandemic)
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Tracey on 07392867117.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.