*Please note this is a fixed-term contract to last 6 months*This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for a role in the exciting world of Information Security. We are currently recruiting for a passionate and driven individual to join our amazing team of Gateway Security Specialists. We are happy to consider applications from anyone in commuting distance of our offices in Norwich, York, Sheffield, EastleighBristol or London.
This role is part of the CISO Global Cyber Security Defence team (GCSD) and will focus on providing IT security operational services across the entire Aviva group of businesses. GCSD provides resources, processes and technologies to identify and respond to information security/cyber threats, vulnerabilities and incidents in order to minimise adverse impact to Aviva, its customers and partners.
It is a truly unique prospect for a keen and focused individual to gain valuable knowledge and experience within IT Security.
- Support and manage globally leveraged gateway security services (e.g. email security services, outbound proxies, etc) and maintain/report global effectiveness. Support and coordinate scheduled maintenance activities to ensure these services are adequately maintained and efficient.
- Implement the oversight and governance of firewall rules (changes, re certifications etc).
- Assist in the implementation of Aviva security requirements with managed third parties and ensure any reporting requirements are maintained.
- Assist in global transformation of Aviva’s defence processes; supporting a series of funded transformation activities (as agreed with the Gateway Security Lead).
- Support the Gateway Security Consultants in the identification and ongoing monitoring of specific security risks. Produce reports for senior management that will ensure Aviva receives value from key security investments/services.
- Given the international scope of this role, each member of the team will spend one week in four ‘on call’, responding to urgent queries outside of UK office hours – you will receive overtime pay for this work.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with global gateway security technologies; security and infrastructure operations – hands-on experience desired.
- Good, practical knowledge of operating systems (Windows, UNIX, etc) and networking technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical support teams to diagnose and resolve service problems.
- Good knowledge of network security (any qualifications e.g. CCNA, Security+would be greatly advantageous).
- Script creation and troubleshooting using Python, Java and Power-Shell.
- Managing multiple demands effectively and efficiently to time and quality.
- Comfortable creating reports and presenting these to management teams.
- Awareness and use of security and privacy concepts (e.g. international and industry standards, legal and regulatory constraints, etc).
- Knowledge of gateway security threats with an understanding of preventative technologies/controls, including, but not limited to:
- Email phishing/spam filtering/malware detection/blocking.
- Outbound proxy services (including request/site/content blocking, malware detection/ blocking, etc).
- Firewall change and governance technologies and methodologies.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive annual salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on or send an email to .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.