Financial Assistance – Collections Specialist Advisor
Northampton or Manchester
Initial Length: 6-months (with the potential to extend)
Barclays Bank is looking for an Advisor to join the Financial Assistance team on a contract basis to support its first class customer experience. You will be helping customers who are in financial difficulty with repayment solutions in a way that is manageable for them. Impacting their lives in these critical times.
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
Your integrity, problem solving and empathy are all Barclays needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Listen to customers and understand their needs in order to tailor repayment solutions, whilst ensuring the right outcome for all
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Act with integrity as the first line of defence to protect the customer and Barclays’ reputation
- Address and, where appropriate, escalate issues and challenges to the Team Leader to achieve the best possible outcome in line with regulation, Barclays policy and best practice
- Help identify ideas for improvements that might help our customers better
- Have attention to detail to ensure that a customer’s records and needs are accurately up to date
You will enjoy this role if you are…
- An empathic listener who can connect and establish meaningful relationships via telephone
- A problem solver
- Resilient and able to cope in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive thinker with strong communication skills
- Strong in computer literacy
- Ability to navigate multiple systems
- Strong in numeracy and literacy skills
- A real team player
Where will you be working?
Northampton or Manchester
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to .